CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, November 28, 2011

Super Easy Pumpkin Bread

Although I have a fear of cooking, I am far more confident in my baking ability.
Pumpkin bread is one of my favorite things-- it takes will power to stop myself from getting a slice when I go to starbucks every morning.

Here's a delicious and lower-cal version of my favorite treat.
It was a huge hit with the thursday night trapeze crew, and my boyfriend approved.
And if I can successfully make it, I believe anyone can.

This recipe makes 2 loaves


Ingredients
3 1/2 cups of flour
1 Tb. baking powder
2 tsps. ground ginger
1 tsp of baking soda
1 tsp of salt
1 tsp of ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp. ground cloves
4 eggs, beaten
1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
1 cup light brown sugar
1 stick of melted butter
1/2 cup of apple sauce
1 can (16 oz) pure pumpkin

Recipe
Grease two 9x5 loaf pans
Adjust oven rack to lower- middle position and preheat oven to 350 degrees
-Mix flour, baking powder, ginger, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and cloves in a large bowl.

Meanwhile, whisk eggs and sugars in a medium bowl. Whisk butter and applesauce until fully mixed in and then add pumpkin.

Beat wet ingredients into dry ingredients until smooth. Divide evenly between the two pans.

Bake for around 50 minutes or until a cake tester comes out clean.
Let cool for a few minutes and then run a knife around the pan to loosen the bread.



Enjoy.

0 comments:

Post a Comment