CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Gym Class Review: Fly Girls @ Crunch Union Square


After a year-ish at David Barton Gym, I decided to join Crunch. Ultimately I needed a change of scenery and craved different group fitness classes

 In the future I will write more to compare my experience at the 2 different gyms, but for now, I am going to review classes I have taken at Crunch. 

Fly Girls (Crunch Gym, Union Square Location)

Quick description: cardio dance class set to 90s hip hop dances
My experience: While I have a background in dance, I am not a hip-hop dancer by any means. I was a bit apprehensive about taking a hip-hop based cardio dance class since I'm not a huge fan of that style.

During the class I couldn't help but think “I am soooo awkward and white”, however, I had a really good time dancing and enjoyed doing a style outside of my comfort zone in an environment that I am not getting graded and evaluated by teachers.

As far as a workout, I was dripping with sweat by the end of it, and my legs were incredibly sore before the warm up was over. 
The next day I wasn't really sore, but I felt great after the class, a perfect combo of having just worked out but still having enough energy to continue on with the day.
I highly recommend this class for people interested in a fun cardio dance class with hip hop songs from the 90s. You feel like you actually accomplished something by the end of class and have a nice little dance routine to show off.

0 comments:

Post a Comment